The NEC P506QL is a laser light engine equipped installation class DLP projector capable of displaying 4K resolution with a current street price of $4,299. Its laser/phosphor wheel light engine can deliver 5,000 ANSI lumens and has a rated life of 20,000 hours.
It is suitable for use in conference rooms, museums, and classrooms. The P506QL delivers high resolution along with the benefits of a low maintenance laser light source. The P506QL also included network control features.
The P506QL can simultaneously display content from multiple sources, such as four separate 1080p images at once, which is excellent for collaboration.
While the P506QL is missing some features found on more expensive installation class projectors, including interchangeable motorized lenses, edge blending, and projection mapping, due to its 4K resolution and laser light source, the NEC P506QL is still a great value.
|NEC NP-506QL Specs|
|Brightness (Manufacturer Claim)||5,000 lumens (5,200 center lumens)|
|Contrast||500,000:1 with Light Adjust|
|Zoom Lens Ratio||1.5:1|
|Lamp Life||20,000 hours (Laser Light Engine)|
- 5,000 lumens
- $4299 List Price
- Laser Light Engine – Light engine life of up to 20,000 hours
- 4K UHD Resolution (3840×2160)
- DLP (.47″ DMD)
- 500,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Vertical and horizontal lens shift provides excellent mounting flexibility
- Will work vertically and at any angle
- PIP (Picture in picture) capability
- Digital image zoom to enlarge an area of an image up to four times
- Apps and software for supporting tablets, phones, and more — projecting up to four sources at once
- Advanced Networking is standard, wireless is optional
- Wired and optional wireless networking support along with extensive software support available for control and management of multiple projector installations
- HDBaseT for running HDMI long distances over low cost CAT6
- Integrated support for Crestron Roomview, AMX Beacon and PJ Link allow for complete interactivity and control
- 5-year limited warranty with NEC’s InstaCare rapid replacement service included